Caring for Our Environment and People
PhosAgro follows a carefully designed strategy for sustainability, social investment and corporate governance.
In 2015, the United Nations approved 17 Sustainable Development Goals — these are our highest priority. We strive to achieve those goals that are related to our business by including them in PhosAgro’s development strategy.
Environmental protection is one of our top priorities throughout the entire product life cycle. We strive to:
- Reduce our negative impact on the environment
- Preserve natural ecological systems
- Continuously develop new ways to manage our impact on the environment
PhosAgro fertilizers contain much lower levels of heavy metals than other phosphates in the market. Some countries have set tolerance limits on heavy-metal additions to soil because their long-term effects are unknown.
We are committed to caring for our employees and our communities. PhosAgro makes significant investments in education and healthcare, and we support community activities that enrich minds and bodies. Some of our investments include:
- We launched the Our Precious Cities program in 2003 with the goal of creating an excellent environment for sustainable development. We collaborate with regional and local authorities, charitable foundations and public organizations, and have established non-profit organizations of our own.
- Since 2012, PhosAgro has supported non-profit organizations focused on the development of sports, tourism and a healthy lifestyle.
- We provide targeted assistance for vulnerable groups. Each of PhosAgro Group’s subsidiaries has a social and charitable committee to review requests from people in need.
We are building an effective and transparent governance structure based on:
- Equality of shareholders
- Responsibility and accountability of each governance body
- Leadership and independence of the Board of Directors
- A corporate culture that does not tolerate corruption or discrimination